[rancid] Restore config on cisco devices

simon ben guy20034u at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 06:58:33 UTC 2021

Dear All,
I have rancid running and also installed viewvc and all working great and backing up switches and routersNow I just had one query about restoring the backed up config
if there is a router or switch failure and is replaced with a new same model router or switch can I follow the below steps for restore
1)  connect the switch to console2) login to new switch3) copy and paste the config from the rancid backup
write the config and reboot
Is that OK or is there any other way to restore ,
I would really appreciate your kind help

Thanks and regards
simon