[rancid] Upgrading Rancid

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Mon Oct 30 17:01:02 UTC 2023

Sun, Oct 29, 2023 at 05:48:11AM +0000, simon ben:
> Dear All,I have been running rancid for quite sometime an excellent toll and I need to upgrade
> current version is rancid 3.9need to upgrade to 3.13
> Appreciate your kind help and advice
> If any one can share a link explaining  upgrade procedure i really apprecite
>
> Upgrade read-me file not very clear
> Appreciate and Thanks

If you use the same arguments to configure as used for 3.9 (or your
package system has), then the new can just be installed over the
old.

Review the CHANGES file for changes to rancid.conf (and are labeled as
rancid.conf changes), which will not be overwritten or merged by the
install process.

LMK if you identify specfic confusion about the upgrading document.  At
a glance, I do see that it needs some improvement and expunging of really
old version information.

Prost